DETROIT – February 23, 2022 – First Independence Bank (FIB) and Operation HOPE today announced an expanded, multiyear transformational partnership, including a series of collaborative programs such as HOPE Inside coaching, digital access that connects to education and First Independence Bank (FIB) solutions, and HOPE’s 1 Million Black Business Initiative (IMBB), as part of the bank’s commitment to bring access and solutions to build better lives and communities.
First Independence Bank and Operation HOPE will expand their community-based approach to financial wellness to provide more people with the education, insights and tools that will empower and build better lives. To achieve this goal, First Independence Bank and Operation HOPE have entered into a two-year partnership that will expand and transform HOPE Inside coaching, bringing in-person and virtual financial coaching, educational content and solutions to First Independence Bank branches. Additionally, First Independence Bank and Operation HOPE will further expand digital and mobile access to financial coaches and a host of financial education resources to solve everyday financial challenges.
The expanded partnership also supports Operation HOPE’s work toward launching 1 million Black-owned businesses by 2030. FIB is accelerating the program by offering small business solutions, along with in-kind support and a capacity-building investment. “When two different entities come together who hold a common commitment to uplift communities through education, awareness and programs anchored in financial literacy, it is a collective win for all,” says Kenneth Kelly, chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank. “And when this alignment is implemented and successfully expanded to a national level, the needle of financial literacy will be moved on financial and personal growth,” said Kelly.
First Independence Bank and Operation HOPE’s expanded partnership includes:
● Transforming and expanding the HOPE Inside coaching program to be community-based and impact-focused, encompassing hub locations serving branches in communities across the First Independence Bank market in Detroit and the Minneapolis/ St Paul, Minnesota areas.
● Investing in and accelerating 1MBB with a capacity-building grant and a commitment of 1,000 hours of volunteer time.
● Collaborating to build a digital platform that will provide HOPE Inside education alongside access to FIB solutions and services, bringing touch and technology to support those underserved by financial services. ● Collaborating to further the employee wellness platform with HOPE coaching and FIB programming.
● Becoming a 2022 Member of HOPE to build capacity and sustainability as the partnership blooms over the next 2 years.
● Serving as a sponsor for the HOPE Global Forums, a community designed to galvanize thought and action around building an economy that works for everyone. “I am honored by First Independence Bank’s commitment and support of Operation HOPE’s mission to bring financial literacy to all and help aspiring Black entrepreneurs launch the businesses of their dreams,” said Operation HOPE Founder, CEO and Chairman John Hope Bryant. “The leading voices behind First Independence Bank believed in our mission and we’re thrilled by their continued support as we work together over the next four years to build and strengthen communities through financial literacy and empowerment.”