Direct the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting of the financial institution, and assist with operations matters. This position works closely with the CFO and is responsible for the accounting operations of FIB. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position also understands and strives to exhibit the Core Values of FIB.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the accounting operations department staff.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overall management of general ledger and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Responsible for coordinating and documenting estimates used in accounting function.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of regulatory reports including Call Reports.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Assist with all aspects of regulatory examinations, external financial statement audits, and internal audits, including preparation for audits and resolution of findings.
- Manage correspondent banking relationships.
- Assist with vendor management function including annual review of key vendors and the management of certain vendor relationships.
- Oversee the balancing of the Bank’s general ledger accounts.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the accounts payable system and processing.
- Input general ledger entries for account changes and month-end processing.
- Assist with operations management including the implementation of new products as needed.
- Review current procedures for opportunities for continued efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in banking industry.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures in the financial services industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong personal computer and industry specific software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with management, support staff, and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working internally or externally with organizations.
- Demonstrated community service is desirable.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental and vision insurance also vacation and sick time.
We offer employment opportunities with an exceptional compensation and benefits package and an environment that promotes professional development. For confidential consideration, please forward your resume to:
First Independence Bank
Attn: HR Department 7310 Woodward Ave., Suite 101, Detroit, MI 48202
or Fax (313) 963-1650 or email HR@firstindependence.com
In exchange for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunities, a complete benefits package including 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.