SUMMARY: Direct the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting of the financial institution, and assist with operations matters. This position works closely with the CFO and is responsible for the accounting operations of FIB. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position also understands and strives to exhibit the Core Values of FIB.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the accounting operations department staff.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overall management of general ledger and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Responsible for coordinating and documenting estimates used in accounting function.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of regulatory reports including Call Reports.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Assist with all aspects of regulatory examinations, external financial statement audits, and internal audits, including preparation for audits and resolution of findings.
- Manage correspondent banking relationships.
- Assist with vendor management function including annual review of key vendors and the management of certain vendor relationships.
- Oversee the balancing of the Bank’s general ledger accounts.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the accounts payable system and processing.
- Input general ledger entries for account changes and month-end processing.
- Assist with operations management including the implementation of new products as needed.
- Review current procedures for opportunities for continued efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in banking industry.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures in the financial services industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong personal computer and industry specific software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with management, support staff, and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working internally or externally with organizations.
- Demonstrated community service is desirable.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental and vision insurance also vacation and sick time.
Retail Mortgage Loan Officer
SUMMARY: Based out of our Clinton Twp., location our Loan Officers respond to customer inquiries and referrals regarding our financing products. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacting with clients during all aspects of loan process
- Participate in business related development opportunities that promote homeownership and professional organizations
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers
- Advise customers on products/pricing policies and guidelines
- Maintains thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics
- Complies with all Federal and State compliance policies
- Adheres to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements
- Any other responsibilities that are needed or assigned
- Two to three years of experience in a loan origination position
- Current knowledge of retail lending laws and requirements
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Working knowledge of loan documentation system
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Ability to follow established guidelines and procedures consistently and accurately
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Proficiency with laptop technology and computer-based applications for communication purposes including obtaining rates, credit and loan status information
- Must have or be qualified to obtain an NMLS approval
- Be registered and in good standing with the federal registry system to secure S.A.F.E requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Transportation to travel
*Loan Officers being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as required by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulations We offer employment opportunities with an exceptional compensation and benefits package and an environment that promotes professional development. For confidential consideration, please forward your resume to:
First Independence Bank Attn: HR Department 7310 Woodward Ave., Suite 101, Detroit, MI 48202 or Fax (313) 963-1650 or email HR@firstindependence.com
In exchange for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunities, a complete benefits package including 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.