SUMMARY: Direct the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting of the financial institution, and assist with operations matters. This position works closely with the CFO and is responsible for the accounting operations of FIB. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position also understands and strives to exhibit the Core Values of FIB.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the accounting operations department staff.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overall management of general ledger and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Responsible for coordinating and documenting estimates used in accounting function.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of regulatory reports including Call Reports.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Assist with all aspects of regulatory examinations, external financial statement audits, and internal audits, including preparation for audits and resolution of findings.
- Manage correspondent banking relationships.
- Assist with vendor management function including annual review of key vendors and the management of certain vendor relationships.
- Oversee the balancing of the Bank’s general ledger accounts.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the accounts payable system and processing.
- Input general ledger entries for account changes and month-end processing.
- Assist with operations management including the implementation of new products as needed.
- Review current procedures for opportunities for continued efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in banking industry.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures in the financial services industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong personal computer and industry specific software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with management, support staff, and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working internally or externally with organizations.
- Demonstrated community service is desirable.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental and vision insurance also vacation and sick time.
Loan Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Manager has a staff of between three and six members and must be reliable, organized and able to communicate exceptionally well with Executive Officers, Management members and staff.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of loan documentation, loan booking, payment processing, and other related post-closing activities in the loan area.
- Prepares annual staff evaluations and recommendations
- Oversees the work of loan processors and clerks in the preparation of loan documentation, lending files, collateral and covenant tracking, records and reports.
- Oversees the mortgage escrow process including analysis and payment of taxes and insurance.
- Interacts with lending officers and clients, resolves problems, manages staff and ensures efficient department operation.
- Reviews and writes procedures for job functions as required.
- Prepares periodic reports for the Board. Assembles information requested for audits and regulatory exams. Interacts and responds to questions presented by Executive Management, Auditors or Examiners.
- Management experience in the loan operations area.
- Working knowledge of commercial loan documentation including Laser Pro.
- Working knowledge of the various job functions within the department
- Others as determined by management
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
SUMMARY: Primary duty is to assist Portfolio Manager and Lender with the Commercial Finance portfolio. Must be reliable, organized and capable of multi-tasking daily and must be able to communicate well with staff and customers.
- Process and booking of all leases on Fiserv system:
- New leases
- Cross-Training to assist with month-end loan bookings
- The booking includes:
- initial tickler setup
- UCC-filing initial, continuations and terminations; tracking all UCCs using the tickler system on Fiserv
- Authorizing invoices for vendor payment
- File assembly for each type of lease
- Exception Reports:
- Provide information to set up documentation, financials, insurance exceptions on appropriate reports and update as needed
- Monitor for final payments to be pulled manually
- Lease File Maintenance:
- Update any changes to the Fiserv system required, including insurance, financials, miscellaneous addenda’s, tickers, UCC information, coding. etc.
- Paid Off Lease Processing (monthly):
- Process lease paid off files
- Invoicing and Payment Processing:
- Create and mail monthly invoices
- Process daily lease payments
- Review past dues; follow up with email and/or phone tracking
- Coupon Book Orders and Invoices:
- Order/reorder coupon books as needed
- Track, balance and authorize payment for coupon invoices monthly
- Customer Service/Research (daily):
- Handle phone calls and e-mail received
- Overall additional duties:
- Take ownership of job function and ensure procedures and checklists are up to date
- Streamline and improve any processes as needed
- Work with Portfolio Manager to learn complete Commercial Finance/Discount Lease processes including checklists, documentation and follow up
- Assist in document scanning into Fiserv (new process)
- Learn/Use Bill Matrix and TMS functions on Fiserv to take and/or post lease payments
- Shared responsibility with Loan Operations of Fiserv Source Machine for daily closing
- Fill out appropriate reports for board reporting/follow department processes for other board and monthly reporting
Other duties as assigned by Management including but not limited to working on procedures for each of their own job responsibilities.
Retail Mortgage Loan Officer
SUMMARY: Based out of our Clinton Twp., location our Loan Officers respond to customer inquiries and referrals regarding our financing products.
- Interacting with clients during all aspects of loan process
- Participate in business related development opportunities that promote homeownership and professional organizations
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers
- Advise customers on products/pricing policies and guidelines
- Maintains thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics
- Complies with all Federal and State compliance policies
- Adheres to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements
- Any other responsibilities that are needed or assigned
- Two to three years of experience in a loan origination position
- Current knowledge of retail lending laws and requirements
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Working knowledge of loan documentation system
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Ability to follow established guidelines and procedures consistently and accurately
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Proficiency with laptop technology and computer-based applications for communication purposes including obtaining rates, credit and loan status information
- Must have or be qualified to obtain an NMLS approval
- Be registered and in good standing with the federal registry system to secure S.A.F.E requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Transportation to travel
*Loan Officers being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as required by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulations We offer employment opportunities with an exceptional compensation and benefits package and an environment that promotes professional development. For confidential consideration, please forward your resume to:
First Independence Bank Attn: HR Department 7310 Woodward Ave., Suite 101, Detroit, MI 48202 or Fax (313) 963-1650 or email HR@firstindependence.com
In exchange for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunities, a complete benefits package including 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.