(MI) Loan Operations Manager
The Loan Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and optimizing all aspects of our loan operations department; including documentation, servicing and post-closing needs for multiple loan types including, but not limited to; Commercial, Consumer, Small Business, Mortgage and SBA. The Loan Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance and development of the Loan Operations Team including ensuring proper internal and accounting controls are in place and functioning as designed. The Loan Operations Manager will work in concert with several different business lines and take the initiative to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and compliance in the department.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the loan operations team (documentation, servicing, and post-closing, lending filed, collateral records and reports) ensuring goals and objectives are achieved.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and technology adoption to enhance operational efficiency and customer experience.
• Lead and develop a team of loan operations staff (both remotely and on-site), fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement, ensuring performance management of the team.
• Assist in annual budget planning and successful budget performance for the department.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, industry standards, and internal policies in loan operations. Proactively address potential risks and develop risk mitigation strategies. Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to stay ahead in the market.
• Streamline loan processing workflows, reducing turnaround times and improving accuracy. Develop, implement, and maintain department policies and procedures to enhance productivity and resource utilization.
• Oversee relationships with external service providers, such as loan servicing companies and technology vendors, ensuring their performance meets expectations and complies with contractual agreements.
• Collaborate with IT teams to assess, implement, and enhance loan processing systems and technology platforms.
• Interacts with lending officers and clients, resolves problems, and ensures efficient department operation.
• Develop and maintain operational metrics for loan operations. Analyze data and generate regular reports to measure performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Focus on improving the overall customer experience by ensuring smooth loan processes, timely communication, and excellent service.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience
• 8+ years’ bank operations experience, preferably with a publicly reporting company.
• 5+ years’ management or supervisory experience required.
• Strong collaborative leadership and communication skills, able to develop high performing teams that are proactive in nature.
• Deep understanding of loan documentation, servicing, and post-closing processes.
• Strong knowledge of lending regulations and compliance requirements.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proficient at influencing and collaborating with those outside of reporting authority to achieve shared business goals and objectives.
• Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, and handling multiple tasks, while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments.
• Strong experience with leveraging process improvement skills to implement change and while gaining operational efficiencies.
• Quick technology learner and early adopter
• Strong organizational, project, process, and change management skills required
• Sound judgement and decision-making responsibilities
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members and customers.
•Proficiency with related software tools, experience with Finastra platform a plus
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
You can email your resume here