(MI) Director of IT
In general, this position is responsible for promoting the Bank’s innovation culture by partnering on high-impact opportunities, removing barriers to innovating and accelerating time to value. This role will be integral to bringing a strategic but can-do mindset to our team and will lead new business initiatives. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for leading FIB’s path forward in digital transformation initiatives. Additionally, it includes effective Management and implementation of policies and security for Information Technology and all subsequent systems. Manages the security, evaluation, implementation and support for all financial institution’s internal and external automated information processing systems and services.
- Driving accelerated end-to-end technical product evaluations from idea through to seeing business value realized for select products across emerging technologies.
- Fostering a collaborative environment and establishing connectivity across the Bank by disseminating emerging technology expertise and learnings.
- Developing and launching enabling capabilities and partnering with stakeholders in removing barriers to improve the overall process for technology evaluation and adoption at the Bank.
- Explore and experiment with new technologies to demonstrate benefits and use cases for adoption.
- Innovate new technology and processes to revolutionize the creation and maintenance of dynamic applications.
- Participate in cross-company technology initiatives.
- Responsible for overall performance of the banks internal and external networks
- Maintains configuration, operation, and administration of network server hardware, operating systems and communication links and the security of all network functions.
- Assesses current and future network needs and innovative security solutions for the financial institution.
- Develops and maintains Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity including testing.
- Reporting annually to the Board of Directors on the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity program
- Update the Technology Plan at least annually.
- Write and update all IT board policies and procedures.
- Preform annual GLBA Risk Assessment
- Maintain a Business Impact Analysis
- Maintain an internet banking risk assessment.
- Responsible for all internal and Federal audits for the IT department
- Responsible for penetration testing.
- Responsible for quarterly review of user access for all systems and programs in the Bank.
- Yearly review of access levels on Core system for job descriptions with department heads.
- Update FIB website.
- Broad expertise within financial services across enterprise infrastructure technologies (Windows, Linux, Databases, Networking, Storage, etc.).
- Understand application architecture – HW, OS/containerization, DB Application.
- Demonstrable passion for emerging technology with expertise across domains.
- Experience and passion for driving change organizations.
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in, IT, IT Risk Management, Technology Disaster Recovery, Service Level Availability Management in the financial services industry.
- Must have US work authorization, we are not sponsoring visas for this role.
- Knowledge of application recovery capabilities (technology recovery times, database recovery points, application data storage capacity, application processing capacity, application functionality).
- Strong understanding of software development, network design, or architecture design.
- Knowledge of Incident & Problem management, infrastructure, configurations, Technology & Disaster Recovery.
- Perform routine updates on project plans, status and issues / risks in coordination with project team.
- Track record of interfacing with, and presenting results to, a Project Management Office (PMO) and Senior Management.
- Assist in the development of metrics to monitor operational resilience and readiness and prepare reporting to key stakeholders.
- Actively participate in initiatives to enhance and define new operating performance and risk metrics along with KPIs and KRIs.
- Excellent strong analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in using SharePoint & Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Daily interaction with external customers (via telephone) and branch staff members.
- Daily interface with Branch Offices, IT, Accounting, Loan Operations and other business units.
- Office environment with workstation area, desktop computer and chair.
- Job duties involve sitting, standing and/or walking within work area and branch office.
- Adequate lighting, ventilation, heating and cooling are supplied.
- Security doors, cameras, alarms and personnel are at hand.