Commercial Loan Officer
- Specialize in commercial, consumer, or mortgage loans
- Often acts as a salesperson, informing customers of our various loan benefits
- Assisting clients in the loan process
- Analyze and verify the application to determine the client’s eligibility
- Makes and services commercial loans.
- Interviews applicants to develop information regarding their business, lending needs, earnings and creditworthiness.
- Approves/rejects loans within lending authority.
- Maintains customer relationships throughout the loan process
- May provide financial advice and counsel to customers
- Operates with the highest lending authority and works independently
- Often provide guidance and training to more junior lenders and may function as a team leader
- Generally, has 10 or more years of experience
- Capable of functioning in a high level, fast paced environment
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
- Have knowledge of current lending laws
- Great communicator
- Exercise patience with clients
- Meeting with clients at various destination
**While there are currently no specific licensing requirements for loan officers working in banks or credit unions, training and licensing requirements for loan officers who work in mortgage banks or brokerages vary by state
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs.