Mortgage Underwriter/Consumer Credit Underwriter
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for analyzing mortgage loans applications for compliance with investor and internal lending requirements. The incumbent must be knowledgeable on guidelines set by the Bank, our end investors, and FNMA, FHLMC, VA and FHA. In addition, it requires a strong working relationship with the internal personnel. Position also involves internal consumer credit underwriting in conjunction s with the consumer lending department.
LOCATION: 38880 Garfield Rd., Clinton Township
An individual who successfully performs in this position will be able to satisfy the following essential functions with moderate to low direction from Management:
- Reviews loans to ensure compliance with loan program guidelines
- Assists processors with analyzing income, credit, and property appraisals
- Learns investor guidelines, lending policies, and the required documentation, policy and procedures of First Independence Bank
- Communicates with processors and loan officers on loan conditions and statuses via phone and email
- Provides guidance to processors and loan officers via Microsoft TEAMS or similar screen-sharing technologies
- Makes decisions quickly and independently
- Reviews AVM, IRA tax transcripts, Fraudguard and any other third-party resource utilized to validate accuracy of data in the loan application
- Identifies alternative programs when requested program does not fit and/or provides required actions with necessary timeline to obtain a loan
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience processing or underwriting residential mortgage loans
- Ability to interact with sales and processing to ensure progress and loan quality
- Ability to make quick decisions independently and with conviction.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, knowledge of MortgageBot Loan Origination System a plus
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs.