(MN) Universal Banker
The position of Universal Banker will display effective communication skills (written and verbal) and exhibit a good knowledge of the products and services offered in order to promote them. Candidate must be dependable, have a positive attitude and enjoy working with the public. Proficient computer skills are a must.
- Provides comprehensive deposit services to individuals and basic deposit services to fiduciary and businesses in a Retail Office.
- Opens new deposit accounts, promoting those that best meet the customer’s needs and recommending the “next most likely products” to customers. Assists customers with account maintenance, on-line banking, and other basic account issues.
- Performs a variety of operational functions, as required.
- Maintains compliance with established internal operational standards and Federal and State regulations to protect the interests of the Bank and its clients. Completes required compliance training in a timely manner.
- Assesses customer’s needs and makes appropriate referrals to internal and external business partners.
- Accepts loan applications from clients, provides basic information regarding required documentation, and forwards applications to the appropriate employee.
- Assists Branch Manager and Customer Service Manager with all aspects of customer service and operations including transactions, workflow, deadlines, audit, compliance, client inquiries, and team member requests.
- May lead and direct the activities of Customer Service Representatives and other Universal Bankers.
- The position of Universal Banker is responsible for minimum supervision of employee(s).
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The employee is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, money counter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Bank.
- Knowledge of Bank deposit products and services.
- Knowledge of Bank’s standard loan products.
- The ability to analyze and apply the individual and small business banking needs with specific Bank services and products.
- Knowledge of retail office operations.
- A basic knowledge of alternative Bank services and products and vendor provided products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Skill in attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to persuade, including the value and benefits of using the Bank’s services and products.
- Knowledge of fundamental applicable Federal and state banking regulations.