(MN) Business Banker
Business bankers manage a business loan portfolio. They perform careful analysis of prospective clients’ needs and best options, working with the client to determine optimal banking solutions. In addition, business bankers are in charge of communicating with current clients to ensure all needs are being met and questions are answered.
- Act at the primary contact for the financial institution’s business customers.
- Employ personal communication and sales stills while meeting with prospective business/corporate clients.
- Meet with corporate clients, listen to their needs and goals and propose recommendations on how they can meet these goals.
- Maintain consistent communication with clients through outbound calls and personal onsite visits.
- Help clients determine what their financial needs are and goals should be.
- Assist clients with services and products such as loans, cash management, bank accounts, interest rate swaps, letters of credit, foreign exchange, insurance and others.
- Monitor clients’ finances regularly and maintain updated paperwork or account records.
- Develop strong professional relationships with members of the bank’s other departments, as well as external representatives.
- Assist with other functions of the bank such as supporting senior bankers in their duties or performing additional customer service roles.
- Comply with all relevant state and national regulations.
- In some cases, a commercial banker may lead the bank’s advisory department and may supervise personnel such as loan officers and financial advisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Formal training and completion of Commercial Lending Program
- Have knowledge of current lending laws, Great communicator.
- Meeting with clients at various destination
**While there are currently no specific licensing requirements for loan officers working in banks or credit unions, training and licensing requirements for loan officers who work in mortgage banks or brokerages vary by state.
May assume additional responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
You can email your resume here