(MI) Compliance Assistant
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well organized and possess prior banking experience, including federal regulatory banking compliance, auditing, and strong knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations. As a member of the compliance team, this individual will work closely with other team members providing support as necessary throughout the bank at the guidance of the Compliance Officer. This position has the responsibility to monitor that the bank’s established processes to comply with consumer protection regulations are properly executed bank wide.
- Ensure that employees adhere to laws and regulations as well as industry standards and best practices while performing their duties
- Perform compliance audits within various business units to ensure compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations (i.e. mortgage, loan operations, deposit operations and branch operations)
- Support subpoena requests as needed
- Provide strategic advice and recommendation to the business’ policies, rules, and regulations
- Ensure that policies and procedures are continuously monitored and evaluated
- Monitor and aid with training and learning tools associated with consumer protection laws and regulation
- Assist with external Compliance audits and exams (i.e. regulators and internal auditors)
- Participate on the Bank’s Compliance Committee
- Support the Compliance Officer with tasks and projects as assigned
- Monitor and provide business support on a variety of complex regulatory and legal procedures
- Complete annual on-line training curriculum for all staff including support, review, and reporting of staff training to management
- 4-year college degree, or combination of college and work experience or 3+ years of experience in financial institution compliance, mortgage lending, consumer lending, operations and/or audit.
- College experience a plus but not required
- Knowledge of consumer banking regulations
- Ability to handle both lending and deposit compliance and audits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office software knowledge and able to maneuver in software without supervision
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
You can email your resume here