Customer Service Representative
LOCATION: To Be Determined
The position of Branch CSR is responsible for performing routine and intermediate branch and customer services duties: accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; assists with night depository and vault duties; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
- Assists with night depository duties; logging bags, processing deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags to customers.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.Operates personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers, if applicable.
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
- Records, files, scans documents, updates information, prepares wire transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- May gather data and process various reports.
- Processes ATM deposits and deposit slip corrections.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
The position of CSR is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s).
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
The employee is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, money counter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution cash handling and customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
- Good organizational and time management skills.Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs.