Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well organized and possess prior banking experience, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance. The BSA Assistant will be responsible for daily reviews of alerts generated from our transaction monitoring system to detect indicators of money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes in violation of BSA/AML laws and regulations. Applicant must have knowledge of the BSA, the ability to identify patterns, recognize incidents outside the pattern and ensure compliance with Federal Regulations, First Independence Bank policies, programs, and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conducts timely and meticulous review and analysis of transaction monitoring alerts triggered for the purpose of identifying red flags associated with money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, and other financial crimes.
- Various Transactional Monitoring in the bank’s BSA/AML Software
- Alert review & data analysis
- Document clear and concise narratives to support the disposition of all alerts.
- Transition alerts to Case when further investigation is necessary.
- Currency Transactions Reporting Alerts
- Complete/correct information for reporting
- Review Various Government List Screening (i.e OFAC) Alerts.
- Assist Case Investigations
- Build cases including detailed narratives.
- Assist with preparing Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Assist with preparing High Risk Customer Review
- Alert review & data analysis
- Review Reports from bank’s core processor, as needed.
- Performs research to identify potential links between parties using internal/external information sources. This includes but may not be limited to Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Secretary of State website, and other publicly available data sources. Conducts negative news searches as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, associate degree plus combination of education/work experience, or equivalent work experience in the banking industry. Additional certification and/or experience a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience working alerts generated by BSA/AML transaction monitoring software.
- Organizational Values include integrity, commitment, excellence, and team spirit.
- Desire to enhance personal knowledge and experience in AML analysis, due diligence processes, through investigations and research.
- Job Knowledge and Skills Required: Knowledge of BSA/AML risks and red flags associated with the identification of unusual or suspicious transactional activity. Strong analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills. Time management skills, attention to detail, and confidentiality skills are required. Willingness to accept constructive feedback and adapt accordingly is a necessity given the regulatory nature of the work.
- Technology Skills Required: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience using Verafin® transaction monitoring software a plus.
- Required Competencies: Competency performance expectations are commensurate with position and include change readiness, communication, continuous learning and improvement, creative thinking and problem solving, ownership and accountability
- May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
May assume other responsibilities and/or requirements as business objectives impose.
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs.